Thursday 27 June 2013

On what to do with your body hair.

Shave it, wax it, epilate it, hair removal cream, electrolysis, leave it, trim it, don't trim it, put it in a plastic bag and swing it around your head for all I care.

There is of course pressure on women to remove all body hair and we should all stay strong and not give into patriarchal standards of beauty. Or perhaps we should just let people do whatever the fuck they want to do, I mean at least when it comes to something as trivial as body hair.

There should be no shame in keeping your hair just like there should be no shame if you choose to remove it. As long as you are doing it because you honestly want to. If you're doing it for someone else and you find it tiresome then do yourself a favour and stop. It will save you a considerable amount of money and time.

My personal preference is to remove and I find it patronising when people tell me I'm doing it for someone other than me. I'm really not, I find it a lot more comfortable, I really genuinely do. However in the winter I will let my leg hair grow because I struggle to be bothered when I'm going to be wearing tights ALL OF THE TIME!!! I especially like it when little hairs stick out of the tights, gives me a right old giggle on the train into work.

Please, I beg of you, be selfish, do what YOU want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.