Tuesday 16 July 2013

On why I need feminism.

  • I don't want my career progression to be stopped by the glass ceiling.
  • I want to be able to have as much sex or as little sex as I want without judgement.
  • I want to love my body.
  • I don't want to my worth to be measured by the way I look.
  • I don't want to have to "have it all".
  • I can be sexist sometimes.
  • I love men.
  • I love women.
  • I don't want to be bombarded by naked women (and sometimes men) everywhere I look.
  • I'm sick of "make me a sandwich bitch" style jokes.
  • I'm sick of rape culture.
  • I want to earn as much as my male counterpart.
  • I want to see more than one body type (men and women) on TV/film/print.
  • I want to be able to be girly, feminine, masculine, boisterous etc. all at the same time.
  • I want certain men to learn to make a compliment rather than tell me to learn to take one.
  • Learn to make a joke rather than tell me to get a sense of humour.
  • I have a sense of humour.
  • Women are funny. So are men.
  • Sex workers and strippers are people too and should be treated as such.
  • Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I need protecting.
  • I wish I didn't have to justify not wanting to marry.
  • Or maybe not having kids.
  • Or the fact that I hate cooking.
  • Anti-ageing is a con.
  • I don't want to be on a diet.
  • I want the freedom to make my own choices.
  • I want autonomy over my own body.
  • I don't need a bunch of dudes who can't even get pregnant telling me about abortion.
  • Because I am any man's equal.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emma, something happened today that reminded me of this post. Every woman needs feminism.

    http://dentednerd.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/why-we-need-feminism.html

    Hope you're well and that life is good :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.